139 W. Maple Avenue Moorestown, NJ 08057
856-778-6630 Fax: 856-778-4412
The History of Baker Elementary School
George C. Baker became Supervisor of Moorestown Schools in 1914. He held this position until 1946 when he retired. Baker School was opened in 1952 and dedicated to the long-time Supervisor of Schools (the term superintendent came into use in 1952). Baker School is the oldest continually operating school in the Moorestown Public School District. The school originally consisted of ten classrooms. Four additional rooms were added in 1954. Major renovation and expansion occurred in 1992. The building now consists of 23 classrooms and a modern library and technology center.